Chinese Herbalist San Diego
When it comes to my family and loved ones, I want the very best care for them – that’s what we offer to you, says Michael Woodworth, a certified and trained San Diego Chinese herbalist, and founder of Makari Wellness. Michael has devoted his career to helping people who suffer from different chronic or degenerative diseases, which are, according to Western medicine, considered incurable.
Michael Woodworth has been practicing Chinese medicine for more than 15 years, but despite his long-standing experience, he keeps nurturing his knowledge and practice, giving his best to provide his patients with the highest level of care. You can find us in two locations – San Diego and Oceanside, California.
Chinese Herbalist Certificates
Mike is expert in the field of:
- classical Chinese herbal medicine CERT. ICEAM #122
- acupuncture and moxibustion
- Active Release Techniques (ART)
- physical therapy (FMS/SFMA)
- rehab systems (Pettibon, RNT, posture)
- nutritional supplementation.
What Others Say About Us
I’ve had my son treated by Michael numerous times. From toddler to his present age of 7. And I couldn’t ask for a better experience. Relaxed. Patient. Thorough and playful. He has treated my son with herbs for sinus, cough and hyperactivity issues. All which are no longer a problem. Results are seen pretty quickly as well with no side effects except for happy parents and a happy boy. I can’t recommend Michael enough. – Peter S, San Diego
Interested in hearing more from our clients? Find us on Yelp and see why they choose us.
San Diego Herbal Medicine Provider Video Explainer
Makari Wellness founder Michael Woodworth provides a basic layman’s introduction to Chinese Herbs. How a classical herbalist diagnoses and prescribed herbal formulas for the person and not the disorder.
The main reason why Mike is considered the best Chinese herbalist in San Diego is the fact that he uses a holistic approach that consists of applying various techniques and practices in order to help the patient and reduce the symptoms of their disease. He doesn’t deny the theories and practices of Western medicine, but he uses his expertise in Eastern medicine to create unique and efficient treatments that help patients with vision, neurological, neurodegenerative, and other conditions that prevent the patient from living to their fullest.
Why Choose Michael Woodworth as Your Dedicated San Diego Herbalist?
Makari Wellness has been providing the highest level of care to its patients for more than 15 years using the most efficient holistic approaches that consist of different practices that originate from both Eastern and Western medicine.
Mike Woodworth is a licensed, trained, and certified Chinese herbalist in San Diego; he gives his best to provide a custom approach to every client and improve their immune system, mental functions, and other vital aspects of their organism.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at (888) 871-8889 and book your appointment now. Our approach consists of unique acupuncture treatments, herbs for memory, herbs for the brain, and other potent Chinese herbs San Diego citizens and clients have found helpful and efficient so far.
What is Herbal Medicine and What are Its Benefits?
Herbal medicine has been used for centuries to reduce the signs of different medical problems, such as stroke, heart disease, mental disorders, respiratory issues, and more. Practitioners mostly use an herb for its scent, flavor, or therapeutic properties. Such herbs are a part of dietary supplements, and they are used as capsules, tablets, powders, teas, extracts, or fresh or dried plants.
The most significant benefit of herbal therapy is the fact that it doesn’t focus on the core problem only, but it also focuses on strengthening the overall immune system. That way, a person becomes more resistant to external influences and diseases that attack the organism and impact the onset of different conditions. Besides, herbs reduce the need for using pills, which can be harmful to a human body.
A certified Chinese herbalist will combine various herbs to create a unique, adequate formula for your condition. If you’re dealing with depression, your herbal treatment will consist of the ingredients that reduce both the signs of your disease and its byproducts that may include pain or insomnia – that said, we can conclude that herbs are quite versatile and ubiquitous.
Conditions Treated with Herbal Medicine
Herbal therapists recommend herbal treatments for curing a wide range of conditions that attack different parts of the human organism. That said, you may expect the following:
- Herbs for Alzheimer’s: Herbs such as Gingko Biloba, Choto-san, and Kami-untan-to are convenient for preventing the onset of Alzheimer’s disease since they boost brain function and improve cognitive impairments caused by AD.
- Herbs for dementia: Some of the best herbs for dementia include Gingko, hawthorn, ginseng, rosemary, and more. These are believed to be potent antioxidants that boost energy and stimulate mental activity.
- Chinese herbs for Parkinson’s disease: Chinese herbs used for treating Parkinson’s disease are also beneficial for boosting the overall immune system and preventing the onset of other severe conditions. Besides, they help reduce the symptoms such as muscle tremors and slowness of movement and rigidity.
- Chinese herbs for diabetes: Herbs can help regulate your blood sugar levels and prevent the onset of conditions mainly caused by diabetes. Herbs are also convenient for treating diabetic eye and diabetic wound
- Herbs for orthopedic issues: Herbs can significantly reduce the pain caused by tendonitis, sciatica, lower back pain, frozen shoulder, headache, and similar sports injuries.
Some of the most common Chinese herbs in San Diego include:
Depending on your condition and medical problems you want to solve, herb therapist may use diverse plants with different properties to provide a unique formula adequate for your treatment.
- Echinacea (Coneflower): This herb is a quite popular remedy that’s widely used for treating wounds, burns, sore throat, upset stomach, and even toothache. It’s also convenient for treating the common cold.
- Ginseng: This is a medical plant whose roots are used to make a tea or dried to make a powder. It’s efficient for treating inflammations, boosting immunity, brain function, and increasing energy levels.
- Gingko Biloba: Gingko has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for years, and it has proven its efficiency in relieving the symptoms of heart diseases, dementia, mental difficulties, and similar issues. This plant is abundant in potent antioxidants that bring a lot of benefits to a person’s overall health.
- Turmeric: Turmeric belongs to the ginger family, and it has been widely used for treating chronic inflammations, pain, anxiety, metabolic syndrome, etc. It’s quite convenient for reducing pain, and it has almost the same effect as ibuprofen.
- Ginger: Ginger has more or less similar properties as turmeric, and it often comes in the form of tea or capsule. It’s excellent for relieving nausea associated with pregnancy, chemotherapy, migraines, and medical surgeries. It’s beneficial for preventing cancer.
- Mugwort: Mugwort is a part of the daisy family, and it has a long-standing practice in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It’s mostly used for moxibustion treatments, in which practitioners burn mugwort leaves on specific acupoints on a person’s body to relieve pain and stress and achieve therapeutic effects.